Friday, March 15, 2013

Just had to share


 
We are VOYAGERS!

 
…A QUOTE FROM STERLING HAYDEN’S BOOK, WANDERER
To be truly challenging, a voyage, like a life, must rest on a firm foundation of financial unrest. Otherwise, you are doomed to a routine traverse, the kind known to yachtsmen who play with their boats at sea… “cruising” it is called. Voyaging belongs to seamen, and to the wanderers of the world who cannot, or will not, fit in. If you are contemplating a voyage and you have the means, abandon the venture until your fortunes change. Only then will you know what the sea is all about.
“I’ve always wanted to sail to the south seas, but I can’t afford it.”
What these men can’t afford is not to go. They are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of “security.” And in the worship of security we fling our lives beneath the wheels of routine – and before we know it our lives are gone. What does a man need – really need? A few pounds of food each day, heat and shelter, six feet to lie down in – and some form of working activity that will yield a sense of accomplishment. That’s all – in the material sense, and we know it.
But we are brainwashed by our economic system until we end up in a tomb beneath a pyramid of time payments, mortgages, preposterous gadgetry, playthings that divert our attention for the sheer idiocy of the charade. The years thunder by, The dreams of youth grow dim where they lie caked in dust on the shelves of patience. Before we know it, the tomb is sealed.

Tally ho,
Cathy

4 comments:

  1. WELL SAID....thank you for that :O)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found this quote on RVSue's blog on the comments. Isn't it amazing? Now I want to read his book!

      Delete
  2. My friend...I miss you terribly. But thankfully we have all these avenues of social media to stay connected. Not the same as hearing your voice, your giggle but it's acceptable. It has to be. It's all I have!

    I have so many feelings for and toward you... I'm envious of you, I'm thrilled for you and I am proud of you! You knew what you wanted and you went for it! For the majority of us, the fear alone would've kept us from persuing our dreams, let alone the financial reasons! You are an inspiration to me. You always have been, always will be.

    I wish, too, that I had a partner, a friend - a husband...like you have in Paul. I thought I did. I was wrong. It's just me. But that's ok. Fortunately, I like me. I just wish I had someone to share my life with. In the meantime, I'm content with the direction I'm heading. Which is forward.

    I'm following along your voyage with you. Know that I am enjoying the same adventures you are and I thank you for that! And this latest post is quite the encouragement as I will be facing yet another move in the coming 2-5 months. Scary, yes, but terribly exciting. A new chapter in my book!

    Enjoy your voyage, my friend! And thanks for taking us along with you!

    Loving Friendship - Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Joyce, thank you for your kind words and friendship. So glad we can keep in touch! Where will you be moving? Closer to your sweet family??? You are a star at re-inventing yourself...you have before with much success, so I am totally confident in your abilities. Keep me posted, we could be heading in your direction.

    ReplyDelete