Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Last....

Tonight is the last night we will sleep in our home that has been home for 24 years.  I read a great article a man wrote about last things...his premise was this:  We mark firsts on calendars, in baby books, photo albums, with parties and festivities....but what about lasts?  Those come and go and we hardly every recognize them until way after....rather sad remembrances most often.  This is a good house and has kept us safe, dry and comfortable for all these years, I do not leave because of any fault in this house! It is just the right size, just the right color, just the right location....this house always makes me smile.  We have entertained so many many friends and loved ones under this roof!  Matt came home here after his time in the Air Force, we came back after Paul's career ended in the Air Force too!  Well, I will not miss this house, I will always carry wonderful memories and know that this house will be a good home to the next family that will be blessed by living in this house.
"...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."
Tally-Ho!
Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment