Friday, May 25, 2012

While we hit "pause"


Our full Pearl

Our empty home

Perhaps you are getting a bit weary of hearing about all of our pre trip activities, well we are too!  Before we could launch this ship we had as many pre-flight checklists as NASA astronauts!!! We got the house emptied, our belongings stored, our property shaped up for the new renters (carpets cleaned, whole house cleaned, yard tidied up etc, etc, etc) We went through every item we were taking to make sure we really deemed it necessary and we lived two whole weeks totallty in our Pearl! We spent a night in a Wal-mart parking lot, moved the camper twice and now we are at the beach for 10 glorious days!!!
AND....if the first photo makes you a bit nervous, please note that I am working on organizing and streamlining the interior of Pearl...she gets a bit wild when we are made up for night time.  Looks like a whole lotta stuff, doesen't it?  I am hoping that this time at the beach will allow me to rethink my shelving and storage situation and I will show some "after" photos.  I did my first grocery shopping and had to really curb myself!  I have been using the emeals program for about 6 months now and I really like their menus for dinners, check them out.  Anyway, my little bitty freezer can hold a bag of frozen corn, a pkg of chopped spinach, a bag of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, a pint of Karmelsutra ice cream, a small bag of shrimp and a small bag of ice!  that is it. The fridge is a real work horse and holds so much, I am amazed, but....I still put bread and jug of oj in the cooler.  I just have to shop more often and not stock up.
Well, enough of the talk for now.
Tally-ho
Cathy 

No comments:

Post a Comment