Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Cookin' in a Casita

As I have said before....we live simply, but still enjoy the comforts!  Well, we try very hard to maintain a life-style that is moderate, with a few indulgences...for instance, Christmas is not Christmas without Monkey Bread and Egg Casserole!  and then I have a craving for my Best Pumpkin/Orange/Apple bread...So, I made it all, all in my kitchen in the Casita! 
I am finding that quick and easy is so much better to  prepare and clean up after, so I tend to do crock pot meals like chili, soups, and stews.  On the other hand, those dishes usually are more than one meal offerings and we don't have alot of space for left overs.  I am learning that the hard way.  Wonder what we will end up eating in a few months?  Tonight I fixed bacon and eggs in a hole (that's a piece of bread with a hole in the center that you crack the egg into and fry in the pan with a bit of butter.  Very good and easy.  We are camped in a lovely CoE park (that's Corp of Engineer) a bit north of Rice, Texas.  Tomorrow we take MiniPearl in for a bit of work, hopefully most under warranty.  No big deal, just a window sash, battery check up and replace some plastic from the screen door which broke months ago. 




 
We do enjoy a cozy fire when the weather is chilly!
I tried to find my photos of making the pumpkin bread, but they seem to be lost somewhere between my notebook, camera or space!!!
Suffice to say, due to our planning, I am able to fix almost anything.  Tonight, I am fixing "ranch chicken". It has been raining all day and very windy.  We stay inside and read, compute and keep warm AND dry😊
Now that I have straightened out my problems with Google I think I will be able to post more often.
Tally-ho,
Cathy 

No comments:

Post a Comment